The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) is replacing lead water service lines throughout our service area to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. To avoid partial lead line replacements, PWSA is coordinating with customers to replace private lead service lines at no cost when replacing public lead lines.
*Replacements will take place at the following locations from July 29 – August 2, 2019:
- Chester Avenue (West Burgess Street – Irwin Avenue)
- West Burgess Street (Perrysville Avenue – Irwin Avenue)
- Wilson Avenue (Perrysville Avenue – North Charles Street)
- Perrysville Avenue (Lafayette Avenue – East Burgess Street)
- Kenwood Avenue (Wilson Avenue – Perrysville Avenue)
- West McIntyre Avenue (Perrysville Avenue – dead end)
- East McIntyre Avenue (Lyzell Street – Perrysville Avenue)
- Waldron Street (Tilbury Avenue – Beechwood Boulevard)
- Crombie Street (Tilbury Avenue – Beechwood Boulevard)
- Beechwood Boulevard (Nicholson Street – Shady Avenue)
- Phillips Avenue (Beechwood Boulevard – Shady Avenue)
- Nicholson Street (Beechwood Boulevard – Shady Avenue)
- Forest Way (North Murtland Street – Collier Street)
- Fushia Way (North Murtland Street – Collier Street)
- Stranahan Street (Brushton Avenue – Apple Street)
- Oakdene Street (Stranahan Street – Joplin Street
- Fielding Way (North Murtland Street – Collier Street)
- Fetcher Way (North Murtland Street – Collier Street)
South Side Slopes:
- Roanoke Street
- Newton Street
- Brosville Street (St. Martin Street – Monastery Street)
- St. Martin Street (Brosville Street – St. Thomas Street)
- Sharon Street (Mount Oliver Street – St. Thomas Street)
- Industry Street (Arlington Avenue – Amanda Street)
- East Warrington Avenue (Brosville Street – Mount Oliver Street)
- Beltzhoover Avenue (Freeland Street – Cedarhurst Street)
- Excelsior Street (Millbridge Street – Allen Street)
- Renwick Street
- Emerald Street (Eureka Street – Excelsior Street)
- East Amanda Avenue (Manton Way – Arlington Avenue)
- Climax Street (Arlington Avenue – Amanda Street)
- McLain Street (Allen Street – Emerald Street)
- Arlington Avenue (Industry Street –Amanda Avenue)
*Please note that the schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
To view our lead service line replacement locations and to learn more about the service line material at your property, go to pgh2o.com/leadmap. Any customer who needs additional information should call the PWSA Lead Help Desk at 412-255-8987 or email at LeadHelp@pgh2o.com.
PWSA is investing $49 million this year alone to remove harmful lead service lines from its water system. So far this year, we have replaced nearly 1,200 lead service lines with nearly 100 percent of replacements completed without digging a trench on private property. Since the program began in July 2016, PWSA has replaced nearly 4,000 public lead service lines and over 2,200 private lines.
PWSA’s Lead Help Desk team coordinates on an individual basis with customers receiving lead service line replacements. Through their work, they have enrolled over 4,500 customer agreements to participate in the program. Outreach for this program began in Fall of 2018.